Tuesday 11 November 2008

Wrath's Release Is Imminent

Well that's it, where do we go?

Stick to WAR, continue the leveling process up to 40 and get the gear maxed out until Mythic bring out an expansion?

Back to WoW, return to the addiction of grinding to 80, farming honor/arean points, raiding (in a successful guild for a change) and watch over WAR players running around at half my level?

I have finally ran out of money on my WAR account, just in time to make a quick decision on which I'd prefer to invest in.

I'll look at a few pros and cons...

I'm in a guild where I have some importance in WAR, I'm a Vault Manager, the guild's web designer (even though I'm not that great), I've met some great people already in WAR, I'm enjoying leveling up Thwomp greatly, I'm more into the RvR side rather than PvE aspect of the game.

WoW, I have 3 level 70s, one of them is well geared (in my opinion) and I do have a very vast knowledge of this class in particular, as well as the game in general. Some of the game mechanics for damage mitigation, threat generation, mana regeneration, etc, are not one of my strong points but I have experienced some of the numbers needed to optimize output of these stats. I've spent a good 2 years or so playing WoW, and enjoyed playing from when I first played.

WoW currently lacks what WAR has which benefits players like me greatly. I'm not great with finding groups to run an instance, since I prefer to either be head hunted, or be in the LFG queue and wait an hour or 2 before I am contacted. With the PQ system in place, and open parties, I can contribute to taking BO's, Keep's, etc without having to look for the group myself. It's a huge waste of time in WoW and I never liked it.

I'm not the highest level in WAR yet, not even close, but after a previous post about the Sovereign armor set for Black Orcs, which looks almost impossible to get after reading all of the requirements to get to that stage, it's orientated for a player like me. Even if I wanted to be anti social for many levels, I can still pick up my first armor set by nothing more than grinding to rank 40 and renown rank 37+ or something along them lines.

In fact, after writing this post, I've realised I've already made up my mind.

Thwomp will continue his crusade! I will more than likely not play WoW again until Thwomp is fully clad in full Sovereign and the guild rank is 40! Even then I may decide to level up an alt... or even taste what WAR has to offer on Order's side...

Thank you so much Mythic, you've converted me and I'm deeply proud you have... how many more can you convert?

1 comment:

Mike J L. said...

I here ya on WoW or WAR (I have one 70 Orc Warlock). I’m also sticking with WAR .. best part.. WoW is defiantly no going anywhere and actually I think will be a better experience after the new DK and Northrend zones have clear out some. So its good to have a MMO to fall back on.