Tuesday 14 October 2008

Bye Bye IE8 Beta

I've had Internet Explorer 6.x for many years on pretty much every computer I've had since prehistoric windows 98 where it was most likely IE 5.x

Upon the release of IE7, people were doing the windows update and installing the crappy thing on all computers everywhere... at work, at the missus's, at home, at friends, etc... all except mine... IE7 was nothing special, riddled with bugs, unfixable issues, frequent crashes... you get the idea...

Anyway, a long time has passed since IE7 was introduced, and about 6 weeks ago, there was an introduction to IE8 beta, so I thought I'd head on over to good old microsoft.com and test it out for a bit, see if it was worth a crack...

Well after a 6 week period, I'm glad to see the back of it... uninstalled, removed, gone, BANISHED from my computer. I know it's still in beta, it'll be fine when it's finally released, but to view almost every page in whats called 'compatibility view' is just ludacris...

Now I'm back to IE6, I'm more than tempted to install IE7 due to the similar looking interface, but is IE7 really all that?

No comments: