Wednesday 15 October 2008

Destruction Over Order And WAR Over WoW?

I've recently added the Video Bar, although being as pitiful as expected, it has made me watch the cinematic trailer again for Warhammer Online. My god the forces of destruction own!

In a fairly recent post by The Greenskin, is it the trailer that has incorporated the results of how imbalanced the forces are between the two?

If Chaos were a playable character in WoW, I'd have most likely been playing on the Horde instead of Alliance, but WoW is in many ways different from WAR.

Anyway, the imbalance between the two forces means that more people will be going for destruction causing further imbalance. I however have made a bit of a tactical choice when creating Thwomp. Thwomp resides on Karak-Norn EU, and two reasons would come to this... Karak-Hirn (where my cousin's Chosen and friends Black Orc are) was the place I wanted to be, but after logging in and seeing an 18 hour queue (yes 18 hours!!) I wanted to go elsewhere to play. Also I decided to choose a server that didn't have too many forces on either side (at the time). Karak-Norn was one of these, another bonus about Karak-Norn was that order players were getting an experience and renown boost... so that would look like more nooblet players would be joining there just to get the fast xp/renown which is easy killings for a big bad black orc like Thwomp!

WAR in my opinion, has massive potential, as mentioned in a few blogs I've read recently, Mythic listen to the community, unlike Blizzard... then again, the difference in player numbers of something around 750k WAR players to 5m+ WoW players which would denote that Blizzard care nothing more than to make something for the community and ignore everything they suggest / comment on / complain about / request / etc just to get all the cash rolling in.

Is there a blog or a site somewhere out there in the great wide web that holds the info on each mastery path for each career in WAR? Seems as that is a major 'out of game' difference between the two. WoW even has websites that allow you to make your own talent tree, completely imbalancing that class or editing current talent trees in place, this would include war-tools but there are many sites out there.

But why WAR and not WoW for me? Well Wrath of the Lich King is released on 13/11/08 that means I have about a month to wait, well I'm not wasting my time grinding honor, raiding, etc just so that in about 3 - 4 levels I will have replaced all of my epics for lowly looking 'greens'...
things like...



Besides, I've been a bit of a fan of TT warhammer for years on and off of course (that much on and off, I have a case full of about 1500 pts of lizardmen undercoated and have been there for over a year) and I just wanted to 'try' the game... now that I've got past the annoying part of installing the game and setting up my account which was an absolute nightmare to do, it looks extremely promising that I willl be putting my monthly 'gaming allowance' on WAR rather that WoW.

Oh well, it's just gone 3pm and that means I can go home soon and fire up the beast and get me some quality time killing and 'smashin stunties' and the likes.

Peace out home slice!

No comments: