Friday 31 October 2008

The Great Talisman Crafter

Talisman crafting, also known in WoW as Jewel crafting. In fact, it's pretty much exactly the same!

I've been looking for a decent Talisman Making guide, but I = fail!

Although I've scouted one that will greatly help me out (and others) with understanding the basics of the Talisman Making mechanics(if it can be said like that).

To craft a talisman (or a 'socketable' gem), you need a few items, to start, you will need your container. I have no idea where to get these from, as a guess, I'd say head over to a merchant, they have all sorts of stuff for Apothecary, so surely they must have a starting container. You'll next need something called a fragment.

Fragments can be obtained by Salvaging (a gathering trade skill) a magical item. Fortunately I have picked up Salvaging and Talisman Making on Larlas, so he should be self sufficient.

Other ingredients like Gold Essences and Magical Essences help enhance (increase stats) or stabalize (decrease the chance of failing the creation) the talisman. The guide that I got most of this information from is listed in 2 parts, part 1 and part 2.

I have also added http://warhammeronlineleveling.blogspot.com to the blogroll since it's a pretty handy one to keep referring to.

No comments: